Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bucket List

A while back a friend was talking about her bucket list. During that time I wasn't feeling particularly well and couldn't put much thought other than feeling well into what my bucket list would consist of. Today I saw the mention of a bucket list in someone's post and it reminded me I wanted to revisit the idea of creating my own.

I was quite surprised at how difficult it seemed to make this list. I started wondering if I had become so dull that coming up with the thought of experiencing something new and exciting was too far of a reach. I wondered if I was subconsciously keeping myself from wanting more than I deserved. I told myself that a bucket list was supposed to be selfish, and that it was OK to desire things, especially those you have sacrificed for a greater good like marriage and family. I reminded myself that selfish doesn't always mean self centered. That selfish also pertains to the feel good we experience when doing something good for someone else.

Taking all that into consideration here is the far from complete list.

Publish my book
Get a breast reduction
Travel out of the country
Get married, for real
Buy someone a car
Learn French
Have a session with Ellen Fisher Turk
Go ballroom dancing
Learn how to play the guitar and piano
Save someone from themselves
Feel comfortable in public with my spouse
Visit Victoria Falls
Have someone famous record my song lyrics
Own a dungeon
Spend a weekend completely alone in the middle of no where
See the Northern Lights
Throw a huge party
Walk at least one of my children down the aisle
Have a closet just for boots
Feel well for one entire day

To be continued......

2 comments: