Sunday, May 2, 2010

you Are Not Forgotten

When you slipped down to sit on the floor beside me, you weren't just being obedient, you were making me proud.

When you remembered how I liked my coffee or the brand of Merlot I drank, you weren't just remembering, you were showing me I was important.

When you took the extra time to smooth the bed covers or make sure everything was in its place, you weren't just paying attention to detail, you were allowing me the extra time so I could appreciate you.

When you served my dinner guests for the evening, you were not just doing service, you were showing others how very lucky I was.

When you cleaned my boots you were not doing your duty, you were providing me with another opportunity to shine.

When you put all of your feelings aside to make sure mine were tended to, you were not being subservient, you were letting me know that I was that important.

When you stood for me, time and again, opening yourself up to the pain, you were not being a good bottom, you were enabling me to fly.

When you laid next to me in bed even after the punishment of denial, you were not sullen, you still desired me.

When you looked up at me, you weren't begging for me to please you, you were feeding me what I needed to please myself.

So I thank you. Each and every day. Even when you don't think I feel it. I have not forgotten. And I have gone no where.

No comments:

Post a Comment